Changes are constantly occurring in our lives, and it is reasonable to assume that they can and should leave a mark on the being of our home. Sometimes to refresh the interior its enough to outweigh the picture or buy a new piece of furniture. But sometimes you want to change the color of the walls or even change the design of the room. As practice shows, a person takes these changes hard, associating them with a lot of trouble and costs. Therefore, we would like to introduce you to the simple tips of famous interior designers. These little secrets will help you transform your home in a way to better reflect your individuality.
1.“The basic rule of decor is that almost all other rules can be broken”
Almost all interior designers will tell you that laws exist to break them. It is much more important than the atmosphere in your house would reflect your lifestyle and originality.
2. “Never place all the furniture around the perimeter of the room. Creating new bends, you instantly renew space and generate life. ”
Every interior designer has his own tricks to modify the space, but they all agree on one thing: the house should look lived-in, talk about the history of the lives of its owners, meet their interests and preferences and never be too serious. The open book on the table and other “signs of life” turn your home from a luxurious design project into a living space.
3. “Do not forget to pay attention to the ceilings. This is the component of any room that is thought least of all. ”
Creating original interior design, a person, first of all, thinks about walls, furniture, floors and rarely thinks about what is above their head. For example, the golden ceiling performs several functions – it displays the natural light coming from the windows, gives the room depth, warmth.
4. “The blotches of color give the room the spirit of youth and newness.”
Some people are afraid of bright colors in the interior. You can start with the little things – bright blankets, pillows, rugs. All this will make the space alive and energetic.
5. “Use wallpaper in unexpected places: on the ceiling, in a paneled room, in toilets, hallways, and small hallways. A large pattern or structure in small spaces can be a terrific twist. ”
Lindsay Coral Harper
Is it really interesting to enter someone’s house and find something unexpected? For example, the usual dining room with a bright ceiling, a white hallway or an unexpectedly bright staircase. In the room shown in the picture, the view involuntarily attracts itself to the playful and at the same time elegant ceiling.
6. “Appreciate items with a story, but try to fill the house with a story of your experience, and not someone else’s.”
What makes your home unique? Of course, the things that are in it. They remind you of pleasant and important events of your life, of adventures, successes. These items evoke warm feelings and pleasant memories. Each of us has a past, a present, and a future — the components of our personal history.
7. It seems to me that people take home interior too seriously. Design is not a marriage, it is not made for life. ”
Do not be afraid to do experiments, because if you don’t like something, you can make changes at any time. Start with small things – rearrange the furniture, repaint the walls. Perhaps by trying new things, you will love them even more.
8. “Real comfort — at the visual and physical levels — is essential in any space.”
The ability to create comfort in the interior of the house is another thing, in the recognition of the importance of which all designers are unanimous. Your home, first of all, should be designed for life. It is important to find a balance between convenience, functionality and aesthetics, style.
9. “The most important thing in the room? Definitely a light. ”
Oscar de la Renta
Of course, the best is always natural light, but if this resource is limited, it is worth considering a variety of electric lamps. To begin, pay attention to where your house is located because the lighting of the room located on the outskirts will differ from the light design for an apartment in the city center or a house on the sea coast. It should be noted that the natural lighting of the space will vary throughout the day. Proper lighting design gives any home comfort and warmth.
10. “It is necessary to pay more attention to accessories. They are the heart of the interior. ”
Original decor items are a wonderful way to combine design elements and give the living space a finished look. Moreover, it will add originality to your interior. Accessories can tell a story about you and your interests. We believe that we inspired you at least for minor, but bright changes in your home.
DON’T MISS THE BEST COLLECTIONS OF INSPIRATION WE HAVE PREPARED FOR YOU.